Flowers are another positive way to express emotions. There are different occasions for which we use flowers, and so, to date, it plays a major part in our life. We express our love interest to someone with a flower, gift them to married couples, and so on. Hence, many entrepreneurs have taken up the flower delivery business. To our surprise, there are many business owners in the flower delivery market whose brand has become a massive success in a short span. They launched their business with an Uber for flower delivery app
and delivered flowers at the customer’s doorstep.
Why an app for flower delivery?
The flower delivery apps came into existence to help people send flowers to their loved ones when they cannot meet them personally. People do not have to go in search of a flower shop anymore. With a single tap, they can order any flower of their choice and get it delivered to the desired address. This also helped the flower business owners manage their business efficiently and subsequently gain more customers within a short period of time.
Challenges that were overcome with a flower delivery app:
With regard to a flower business, there were two crucial hurdles that persisted. In this section of the article, we can take a look at how it was surpassed, and the business became a success.
The flower shops did not gain as many customers as they wanted, as it was difficult to spot their store. People do not want to search every nook and corner to find a flower shop. So, unless the shop was in the main or busy area, it was difficult to have more customers. But with an Uber for flower delivery app, no matter where the shop is, if people like your flowers, they will order it with a single tap.
Another challenge was that, in a busy world, the customers did not have the time and patience to go to a store, customize a bouquet, and take it to their loved ones. They wanted an instant solution that would help them with this. With the flower delivery app, they were able to customize their flowers in a few seconds and deliver the flowers quickly with the help of a delivery executive. This saved them a lot of time.
The workflow of an optimized on-demand flower delivery app:
The flower delivery app is based on the model of Uber and has a simple roadmap that helps the user navigate quickly through the app and place an order in a few seconds. The app has four different panels, and each has a different workflow, as mentioned below:
- The user will first sign in to the app using any one of the log in options available.
- In the next step, the user should complete the in-app authentication.
- They can now view all the flowers/shops available for delivery.
- On selecting a flower or store, the details about them will be displayed next.
- They can choose a flower of their choice and add it to the cart.
- Users have to choose a payment gateway available in the app and pay for the flowers.
- A delivery executive will be assigned, and the user can track their location.
- Once the flowers are delivered, the user has to rate and review the delivery personnel and the store.
- The administrator will log in with the credentials given.
- They will monitor ongoing and past orders.
- Access to user and delivery executive data are also provided to them.
- Base fare can be fixed by them easily.
- Reviews, ratings, reports, and other in-app analytics can be viewed by them.
- They will manage the entire process efficiently.
Delivery executive dashboard:
- Initially, they have to register with the app successfully.
- They have to upload a few documents for verification purposes.
- On obtaining approval, they can set their status to available using the slider.
- When a request is placed, they will be notified about it.
- The request can be accepted or rejected based on various parameters.
- The location of the store from which they need to collect the flowers will be accessible.
- They have to pick up the flowers from the store and deliver it to the customer.
- When each phase gets over, the customer has to be updated about the delivery status.
- After a successful delivery, they have to rate and review the customer.
Flower vendor dashboard:
- The first phase is to register or sign in with the app.
- After approval from the administrator, customer requests will reach the vendor via the app.
- They can review the order and accept or reject it.
- Details of the available flowers should be updated regularly in the app.
- The details of the customer and the delivery executive will be displayed.
- They have to update the order status in the app after accepting the order. ‘
- The flowers should be handed over to the delivery executive.
- They can also track the live location of the delivery personnel.
- Vendors have to change the status to completed once the flowers have been delivered.
- Finally, they can review and rate the delivery executive.
An on-demand flower delivery app
with a simple and effective workflow will help the customers as well as the business owners. If you want to build a flower delivery app, then get in touch with an apt app development company and launch your app in a short period.